Friday, March 12, 2010

4 Months, 8 Days, 7 Hours and 55 Minutes . . .

. . . time elapsed since working IN my office at the South Florida Manufacturers Association (SFMA). The front door opened with the same key, the building smelled the same, sounded the same and my office looked the same (neater though)! Are you sure I wasn’t here just yesterday? Those 4 plus months passed very quickly. Anyone out there who can make the next 13 months pass as quickly? The impetus for going into work on this particular day was to attend the SFMA monthly board meeting, my first in 4 months! It was extraordinary and emotional to see my colleagues after such a long time – the same colleagues who have been supporting me during my unexpected voyage. Their support is one more thing for which I am so grateful. I went in at 7:00 a.m. and stayed until 2:00 p.m. Came home and fell right to sleep! I hope to spend many more days IN the office and visiting members while I’m on Chemo Lite! My blood work on Monday will reveal whether going IN to work is a good idea or not. Remember, Dr. Estrov says, "Go home and LIVE." That’s what I’m doing!

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful. I am sure that the board was as happy to see you as you were to see them. Did you wear your mask? Remember to do as the doc said as long as you feel up to it. Concentrate on that rather than the numbers.
    Thanks for a great visit. We miss you already.
    Love you, Jack and Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. June, We can see you smiling and enjoying being back at the office....but do take it easy and take all precautions so you can keep on the upward path. We are keeping you in our prayers. When do you head back to Houston again?
    Jeff and Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. June,

    So glad to hear of your progress! Hope to reschedule that happy hour we had to miss just as your journey began! This time Happy will have new meaning. In the kindred spirits department, when you have a minute check out www.traveltowardwellness.com. My friend Nancy Parker, herself a survivor, just launched this new venture -- travel for those touched by cancer and their supporters. She is another amazing lady whose journey has led her in a very positive direction.
    Best,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete