Saturday, March 6, 2010

Six Degrees

I’m still feeling good and am happy to be concentrating on work. The SFMA Annual Recognition of Excellence Banquet is this month. I’m thrilled I can lend a hand with the preparation for that event. It is always emotional when I talk with colleagues I haven’t spoken with in 4 months. When I spoke with Lou Chiera, President of Winner’s Awards Group (where SFMA gets their awards), he told me about a friend of his in New York who had the same thing happen to him. Feeling great – on vacation – has a leg pain – and the doctor tells him to get to the hospital immediately because he has Leukemia and needs to be treated immediately or “he will die!” His life changed immediately, just liked mine. That man is Attorney Richard B. Herman who appears on CNN every Saturday and the Nancy Grace Show from time to time. Lou gave Richard my phone number and he called me today! Two people who would otherwise have never met are suddenly kindred spirits because of an illness they share. Richard is a year out. He is in remission and hoping to try his first case in a year next month. I hope to meet him on his next visit to South Florida. What a great surprise! Every day brings something new. A new friend! Another blessing!

1 comment:

  1. This was one of my favorites Mom! Positive thoughts bring positive things - even in the toughest of times.
    Whitney

    ReplyDelete