Friday, March 5, 2010

I Vacuumed Today. Hooray! Hooray!

I know you are all probably saying to yourself, “What the heck is she talking about here? She vacuumed today, big deal!" Well, there are three important revelations here. First off, I CARED that there was dirt and crumbs on the floor. Second, I had the STRENGTH to push the vacuum. Last month I tried to vacuum and I couldn’t push it for even two passes. I got out of breath just carrying the vacuum to the carpet. And, third, I FEEL BETTER today than I have on any day since October 2009! Hooray Hooray!

I realize that this euphoria could go south at any moment but I have learned in these past few months that it is important to celebrate all triumphs - large AND small. So, today I'm celebrating vacuuming! By the way - this lesson doesn’t just apply to people going through Chemotherapy. It applies to everyone! Celebrate often and bring joy into your life every day!

5 comments:

  1. June, I am so happy to hear how well you are feeling!!
    Judy Tough

    ReplyDelete
  2. great news June bug-- let there be more vacuuming! P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi June,

    I just found out about your voyage from Charles Woldenberg. My prayers are with you. You're a strong woman and I know you will get trough this new challenge. If you ever want to get away for a few days we live in a condo on the ocean in Cocoa beach. Give us a call at 321-392-3223 or e-mail me at cheneyd@cfl.rr.com

    Warm regards,
    Dave Cheney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi June,

    Great news that you are feeling so great that you can vacuum!!!

    I wanted to let you know about a great book I am reading by Depaak Chopra. It is a subject that most people don't want to deal with but this book is so enlightening, inspiring and profound. I know that this may be a touchy subject for you at this time so I am not sure it is the right time for you but I do recommend it! I must say I KNOW how strong you are and that you are going to be around to laugh on your 93rd birthday!!! So you decide if it the right time for you to read it. This book has been called a "masterpiece". So many well known doctors and others have given testimonials in the beinning of the book. Title: Life After Death, the Burden of Proof.

    Always thinking of you...Love Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still up for vacuuming?? C'mon over to my place, I'll watch :-)

    Such a joy to see you this week. I love what you told us to do above - celebrate the little successes every day - it DOES matter.

    Enjoy ~
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete